Friday 6 May 2011

Colour Palette of the Month - May!

Last month I picked an image of a building in The Hague that made me think of rugs for my colour palette inspiration.  However, one or two people thought it was a bit dull for a Spring palette.

This month I've picked a beautiful cornflower image.  I snapped the cornflowers in Rochfort sur Mar while I was on the Wednesday morning excursion at ISEND.

 When trying to replicate the dye colours I'd try:

Green - kamala over-dyed with indigo.
Blue/green - myrobalan over-dyed with indigo.
Bottle green - kamala with two dips in indigo.
Bright blue - five minutes in indigo.
Pale blue - one minute in indigo.
Red - a mix of red lac and kamala.

I hope you like it.  Let me know what you think, does it work for you?  What dyes would you use?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...