Tuesday 5 October 2010

Colour Palette of the Month - October


Last month I took my daughter to University in Aberdeen, while there we visited the Winter Gardens, a series of Victorian glass houses in Duthie Park south of the city.
I love anthuriums, they are a recurring theme in my work.  They are such strong flowers, strong in form, shape and colour and are the inspiration for this months colour palette. I worked on this palette when we got back from Aberdeen and just before we went to exhibit at 100% Design.  By coincidence one of the strong colours at the show was magenta!
I hope you enjoy this palette with or without the green I’ve added as a contrast.  Green's not an easy colour to get accurately in natural dyes, but it's worth a try to get one of these greens, so try indigo with dhak.  For the magenta try a little purple lac for the pale version at the bottom and with a little copper water for the second from the bottom.  For the dark colour how about trying a short indigo dip with red lac at 4%.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...