Friday 23 July 2010

How to Dye Wood

I'm often asked if Pure Tinctoria natural dye extracts can be used to dye wood and my answer is yes they can, but I'm not sure how.

Now I know!  My craft & design student has done some research for me, as he wants to use the dyes to stain wood he is using to produce furniture and has given me the link to a useful website.  The main gist of the information is to dye wood using plants, but could easily be used  with extracts.

Darren has gone home with some of the extracts, red lace, cutch waste and dhak (tesu flower) and says he will do some experiments for me.  He really is a star!  I will post his results on this blog.

2 comments:

dorie said...

that's interesting. did you know that ironwater will change oak into purple?

Willington Weaver said...

Hi Dorie

No I didn't know that at all! How interesting, Darren, my student will find that very interesting!

Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...