Tuesday 21 July 2009

Sarah Pearson Cooke

I've just had a lovely email from Sarah Pearson Cooke: -

"I have been demonstrating and showing my work at Art in Action for the last four days and just wanted to let you know that I was endorsing your fabulous dyes! I hope you are not overwhelmed too much with orders, although I am sure this is not a bad thing! I have used your extracted natural dyes for some time on my peace silk cloth which I dye using Shibori processes. Your dyes were very well received at the event and are an important aspect in my journey in working to improving my ethical and environmental impact. I do hope you do not mind me passing on your business details to those who were interested."

Not only does Sarah use Peace Silk in her work, but some lovely hemp/silk fabric too, read about this here! Take a look a Sarah's lovely scarves and interior products to see how she uses our dyes. I particularly like her new Darjeeling Collection, such lovely greens and blues! oh, and take peek at her Online Boutique where she has a sale, I'm sure you will be tempted!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Alison,
Really good to know that people are using Ahimsa silk and hemp/silk fabrics - I get really good colour take up with them, I usually dye 3m minimum pieces, - hope to start doing skirt lengths and dress lengths soon!

Good support for the extracts too - are you going to be at summer school?

Willington Weaver said...

Hi Debbie

Yes, it's great that Ahimsa silk and hemp/silk is being used. I'm very keen to support any form of fair trade.
I look forward to seeing your skirt and dress lengths.

Sadly Jane and I won't be at Summer School, not enough people to do our course and as a result didn't get asked to do the Trade Fair and when I enquire all space had been take!

Going on holiday, to Shropshire, to take my mind off "what might have been", instead! So I'll miss meeting up with you and with Helen Melvin, as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...