Thursday 1 May 2008

News!


Pure Tinctoria has four new dyes for the Spring! Cutch Waste, Chaste Tree, Lodhra Bark and Marigold. We have put them in a pack for the spring with a £1 discount until the end of June.

This picture doesn't do the colours justice! The cutch waste is a lovely colour, giving a fabulous olive green or grey, depending on your water's ph, and the marigold is a lovely lemon yellow.




We will be at Woolfest again this year so come and look us up and see the discounts that we will have for you, including the above "Spring Four" pack.

We look forward to meeting you there.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Alison,
I'm delighted to have found your site.

I've just started natural dyeing and my first experiment was with dried marigold flowers. I used pot marigold (calendula) rather than French marigold (tagetes) and the colour was very pale.

Would there be much difference in the colour if I used French marigold?

Sue

Willington Weaver said...

Hello Sue

I've only just found your comment, rather late for your dyeing trials, sorry!

For some reason your comment didn't get flagged to me!

The marigold extract is Tagetes Erecta, or Mexican Marigold. I would suspect that the French Marigold would give a much better colour, being Tagetes.

Alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...